Sunday, January 15, 2006

Possible Flower Project

Here is a possible knit project for spring. I like the embroidered flowers and the 3/4 length sleeves. I am not so sure I would want to knit it from wool though, maybe a cotton blend would work

The pattern is from Knitter's Spring 2005.

Also, here is flower related picture--sort of. This is C.J. my godson, enjoying the blooms.

How are the pillow projects going?

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back to the Flowers

The holidays sidetracked me from everything, including knitting flowers! But I am back with some flower power! First off, for the Knit the Classics KAL, we are reading Mrs. Dalloway, and I am going to finish the Rose Pillow that we talked about long ago! This project fits perfectly with the book, and I wanted to finish it anyway! Also, I am knitting the Nicky Epstein floral purse, like Sushpi, although I am not anywhere near as far as she is! I am using Wool of the Andes. And, I am working on the Color on Color Scarf from the Scarf Styles Book--instead of knitted buttons, I am going to add knitted flowers!
The IK pillow still sits unfinished . . . What's up with that?!
Wishing you bouquets of flowers as we start the New Year!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Floral Felted Bag

I"ve started the Nicky Epstein Floral Felted Bag from IK Fall '04. I'm using Frog Tree Alpaca in sportweight as a sub for the Jamieson's. I like what I've done so far. I've gotten to about row 15 of the chart (out of 57) for the front. I guess I'll figure out the construction of the bag when I get to that point. I'm glad to be knitting it!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Project List

I have some Svale that I can't figure out what to do with. I might get the Dale of Norway Book #153. I noticed that there are several flower projects, plus some patterns for some cut little crocheted and knitted flowers.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Flower Hat Done!

I finished my "Flowers on a Grave" hat. Here it is before and after felting. I had to wash it about 5 times to get it to felt enough to wear. It was HUGE!! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I ended up using the flower in the pattern. I made a few others, but they did not look right. My hat is made out of yarn from Beaver Slide Dry Goods and the flower is Pastaza from Cascade Yarns.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Second Pillow

I started the second pillow tonight and it's brutal. I don't know whether I could be using better bobbins or some other approach, but keeping 19 yarn sources straight is just unpleasant. It's taken me 2.5 hours to get through the four garter rows and 8 rows of the stripe pattern. Not fun.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Recent Flowers

This is the rose I knit from the Nicky Knits kit.

I then decided to see if it would felt, and here is the result. It does.

This is my Flowers on a Grave. I knit it in Lion Wool "Rose" The flower is from a flower kit I got. I think it was KnitWhits. It was in a Chinese Takeout Carton and came with yarn, needles, and pattern. Very cute. The flowers in the pattern ended up small using wool, and I didn't want to use whatever yarn that was called for. It was Caron something or other. So, I just pinned that flower on the hat. I really like this. It was fun and quick.

Bobbins Wound

Since I can start knitting again tomorrow, I wanted to be all ready to jump back in to the Flower Pillows. I spent time this morning winding bobbins for the great stripes on the back of Pillow 2.
In particular, I'm thrilled with how the blackberry and loden blue are going to look together. They're such rich, vibrant colours.

Here's my standard low-quality photo: