Thursday, November 24, 2005

Rose Pillow


I have also started the Rose Pillow and have tried a few yarns for the roses. I originally tried the recommended Lion Brand Suede but found it too difficult to work with and too time consuming to fight with. I also tried the Lion Brand Homespun which was pretty but have now decided on a simple Bernat Chunky yarn in a dusty rose. It is simple and gives a different look to the roses. I have been working on the roses at night and can usually get a few done in one sitting and I have my actual pillow part at work to knit at lunch while I visit with my colleagues (just as well, because that stockinette stitch is terribly boring). I am fairly confident that I can get this done for Christmas (oh, no! I just jinxed myself)

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love that dusty rose. I agree that the Lion Suede is hard to work with. Using the addis makes it much better! It will be very pretty in the Bernat Chunky! The roses are fun, aren't they?

9:44 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love making the roses. So easy and quick!

Did you join the Knitted Babes blog too?

10:14 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

My Babe is on there. Patsy. She is legless! I still haven't made her legs! I still need to work on her hair, too. But, she has a face, and arms.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

They look great!! I don't see any reason why you would have to make the flowers out of Lion Suede.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Just thinking...this project might be a good way to use up bits and pieces of my yarn stash!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home