Sunday, November 06, 2005


I am so happy to be a part of this knit-along! This is the first time I have ever joined a knit along, and I am really enjoying all of you already!
I have sent Susan a photo of my yarn choices so she can post it--I promise to learn how to post a photo myself! In the mean time, I wanted you to see what I chose. I love the ruby red, silver silver and loden leaf; the chianti, roasted coffee and tahiti teal looked great in the yarn shop, but now that it is home with me , , ,hmmmmmmm. The khaki and gold are fine, I think. I chose to use Brown Sheep: my yarn shop has a great choice of colors, and I like the way it knits for projects like this! The guage is 4.5 per inch on an 8 needle, which is what I will work up to see if it matched the pattern. I can't wait to cast on!

As a point of reference, all of the colors I chose look like the leaves falling in Pennsylvania right now!

2 Comments:

Blogger semicynical said...

The leaves are like that here too. Still quite beautiful, although I think by the end of the week, they'll all be on the ground. We've had a long, lovely fall in Toronto.

Jenny, is there snow for you yet? I'm probably going to be in Calgary sometime in the next month and I'm already shivering just thinking about it.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Melissa,
Find an image you like, then we'll save it as an image to your computer. Then, under profile, you can upload/download...I get these confused...your pic. Or send it to me, and I can do it. We'll get you a picture.
Susan

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home