Friday, November 18, 2005

Second Pillow, Any One?

I've been knitting my second Clapotis over the past day, so I've been ignoring my flower pillow. Has anyone started?

I bought a package of clothes pins today, which I plan to use as bobbins. I'll report in on whether that works or not.

Also, a question: Has anyone ever seen black stuffing (poly or cotton)? When I made the bunny last weekend in black yarn, I used left over black Lopi to stuff it. I'd prefer not to use good yarn to stuff toys, but if I stuff a dark-yarned item with white material, it's going to show through. I'm hoping there's a good alternative.

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Sarah,
I think we're going to work on that Nicky Epstein Rose Pillow in Holiday VK. Knit with Lion Suede. You know the one?

Look at the thread on Knittyboard.

9:25 AM  
Blogger semicynical said...

I'm going to pass on that. It looks lovely, though. Have fun.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

We do want to do the other pillow, though, too

10:16 PM  
Blogger MissyJoon said...

Sarah: I am still on the 1st pillow, so NO I haven't started the 2nd!! Did you embroider, block and stuff the first one? Do tell--how'd you do it?!

7:17 PM  
Blogger semicynical said...

I haven't touched the first pillow since I finished knitting it. I have to finish another project by the 30th and my left hand gets so sore after a couple of hours of knitting, which means that I can't get as much done as I would like.

I'll post once I get back to the pillows.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

You could maybe line the pillow with dark colored fabric--or create a pillow with-in a pillow.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home