Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Susan's Flower Wish List

These are just a few of the flower projects that Melissa and I have been talking about. The bag on the right is from Interweave Knits Fall '04. It is Nicky Epstein's Floral Bag. It is knit with » What I really want to knit next: from the Fall 2004 Interweave Knits: The Floral Felted Bag by Nicky Epstein. Yum.
It uses the following yarns: Jamieson’s Shetland Double Knitting (100% wool; 150 yd [137 m]/1 oz [28 g]): #235 grouse (dark brown), 4 skeins; #365 chartreuse, #1140 Granny Smith, #540 coral, #576 cinnamon, #577 chestnut, #1190 burnt umber, and #147 moss, 1 skein each. Yarn distributed by Simply Shetland.



This next bag is Nicky Epstein's Flower Basket Bag from Vogue Knitting Winter '04-'05. Melissa Joon and I have joined a Knitalong for this bag, but we haven' t started it. We may substitute Mauch Chunky or LP Bulky for the Tahki Stacy Charles "baby" that it calls for. I swatched it, and need to use 17's instead of 15's.

Another flower project is from VK Holiday '05. It is this "Russian Pillow" I have no specs on it handy.






We're also working on starting the Nicky Epstein Roses pillow that is in that same issue. It's knit with Lion Suede. I think we're going to make it Multicolored and use "Orchard" for the pillow and flowers, and then "Rose,"Fuchsia," "Eggplant," and "Garnet" for the roses.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I LOVE THEM ALL. The two bags from Interweave have interested me since I saw them...and I love the flower basket bag. Fun Fun fun!

4:03 PM  
Blogger MissyJoon said...

I am crazy for that little purse--I am going to make it in charcoal instead of chocolate.

I bought the yarn for the rose pillow last night--I bought all 6 balls in eggplant (I didn't go the multi color route, sushpi--I was to worried about how many of this, howmany of that!!!). I need to start making roses: But this might be an after Thanksgiving project!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

That eggplant is gorgeous. I've made 3 1/2 roses. I'm definitely going to get 5 out of 1 skein. I have 2 more skeins of orchard for the pillow. I hope that is enough. Or should I get one more?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home