Sunday, November 13, 2005

It is going to be a re-DO . . .



As I was knitting away--well into row 30-something of the chart--- I could not shake this re-occurring thought: I don't like how these colors look!!! So, yesterday, in between a million other things, I went to this yarn shop which has been in business for 85 years (and I don't think it has changed in one way since it opened!) It is not my favorite place to go, and yet when I am stuck, I seem to be a able to find it there. Here's the real treat: you may find exactly what you are looking for, in the wrong color and then you ask them and they say "Let me check upstairs" and after 45 minutes they return with what you need or want. And the very old married couple are the only people who work there, and they know EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING. Well, I was on the hunt, and found something that I think might do the trick. Heathery and soft, it is French wool called: Neigeuse. I only bought 4 skeins (they are holding the rest) because I wanted to knit and think before re-investing in more yarn. The colors above replace my tahiti teal (back of the pillow) and ruby red (big flower). It swatched perfectly, and I love it. Soooo, it is a re-do for me and back to the crazy knitting store for the rest of the yarn!

2 Comments:

Blogger semicynical said...

Good for you, Melissa. There's nothing worse than getting to the end of a project and being disappointed with it. Your new yarn looks lovely.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Very pretty!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home