Monday, November 14, 2005

Where I'm At

I hadn't been able to get to this project since Thursday, so it was really nice to come home yesterday afternoon and get back into it. I like the way it's knitting up, but I am nervous about the embroidery to come. I've never really done any before and it doesn't make sense to my brain and fingers the way knitting does. I think I'll likely knit both pillows before starting any stitchery.

So far my Lopi is making me quite happy. The only thing that's not great is that the cocoa is not spun very tight, so I do have to be careful not to break the yarn, but other than that it's working well. I've just started Row 79 of the chart, so while the work could be s
pread to its full width, I thought I'd take a picture or two.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I agree, Sarah, about the embroidery. I need to start the 2nd pillow. I have to wind my "blackberry" and "woodsmoke" subs, and then put them on bobbins, lots of bobbins!

9:37 AM  
Blogger MissyJoon said...

I LOVE your pillow, and I love the colors!!! They blend so well (I love to knit with lopi, even though it is a little scratchy!). It looks so pretty. I need an embroidery class to finish these off, because I am terrible.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I love the colors too. I also like Lopi, although it does shed quite a bit while knitting. I love its texture and colors--great for pillows!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home