Thursday, December 01, 2005

Flora

This is Flora, a Knitty pattern that worked up in no time! The neckwarmer itself took me just a couple hours last night. The flower . . . lovely as it my be, it was a wicked thing to knit. It took me longer to knit that than it did the neckwarmer!! If that wasn't enough, I had to attach it, figure out the whole button thing (did I mention that I can't sew a button to save my life!?)--wow: I am glad to be finished. I used yarn from my stash basket: two strands of a cotton wool blend and one strand of Blue Sky Alpaca. With only 3 rows to go on the flower, I ran out of the alpaca (the hazard of using stash stuff) so I added the purple. I think this is a great knit, even though I am still recovering from the flower's power!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love it, Melissa!

8:57 AM  
Blogger semicynical said...

I've been thinking of doing this and now I'm even more inspired. Only two more days of my vacation from knitting then I can get back on track.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home