Sunday, December 04, 2005

Recent Flowers

This is the rose I knit from the Nicky Knits kit.









I then decided to see if it would felt, and here is the result. It does.









This is my Flowers on a Grave. I knit it in Lion Wool "Rose" The flower is from a flower kit I got. I think it was KnitWhits. It was in a Chinese Takeout Carton and came with yarn, needles, and pattern. Very cute. The flowers in the pattern ended up small using wool, and I didn't want to use whatever yarn that was called for. It was Caron something or other. So, I just pinned that flower on the hat. I really like this. It was fun and quick.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I like your flower better than the ones in the pattern. I knitted the flowers in the pattern and thought they were too small also. I may use a different flower too. By the way--the rose is absolutely beautiful!!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Do a rose! Use the pattern from the Rose Pillow in VK, and use wool and felt it and pin that bad boy on that hat. Use a contrasting color. Do the leaves. Beautiful!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Great Idea! It would be especially pretty with leaves.

7:05 AM  
Blogger semicynical said...

I love the hat. I need to make one for myself to go with my new winter coat, but I haven't decided on a pattern. I have really fine, curly hair, so most hats flatten my hair and make me look like I went out in the rain with a new perm. Very attractive.

8:56 AM  
Blogger MissyJoon said...

This hat is terrific and I love the flower! You did such a great job! Your rose is simply lovely!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home